Wednesday, May 25, 2022

"The Sad Demise of My Pet Volcano," from Bobby Goosey’s Compendium of Perfectly Sensible Nonsense

                                                              White Island, New Zealand


Bobby Goosey

 

The Sad Demise of My Pet Volcano

I had a pet volcano but I let him go out. He was such a warm friend. He burned and sissed and fumed and belched up gases, and he kept my room warm in the winter. But one night, when he was burning bright, I let him go out.

He woke me up scratching at the door. He said he had to go outside and urp up some lava. Nature was calling, he said. What could I do? Who am I to gainsay Mother Nature? I should never have let him go out, but I let him go out. Now he’s extinct.

He doesn’t siss and fume and warm my room. He just sits there unsissingly. I don’t think you could even call him a pet volcano anymore. Now he’s more like a pet rock. Sad. But that’s what you get when you let your volcano go out.

[From Bobby Goosey’s Compendium of Perfectly Sensible Nonsense]

                                                              Volcano Craters, Hawaii


No comments:

Post a Comment