Saturday, August 5, 2023

Bobby Goosey Nonsense: DON'T LET YOUR VOLCANO GO OUT

 


 

Bobby Lee Goosey

 

 

Don’t Let Your Volcano Go Out!

or

How My Pet Volcano Passed Away

 

I had a pet volcano, but I let him go out. He was such a warm friend. He burned and sissed and fumed and belched up gasses, and he kept my room warm in the winter.

But one night, when he was burning bright, I let him go out. He woke me up scratching at the door. Said he had to go outside and urp up some lava. I should never have let him go out, but I let him go out.

Now he’s extinct. He doesn’t siss and fume and warm my room. He just sits there unsissingly, mouth gaping. I don’t think you could even call him a pet volcano anymore.

Now he’s more like a pet rock. Sad, but that’s what you get when you let your volcano go out.

 

[from Bobby Goosey’s Compendium of Perfectly Sensible Nonsense]



No comments:

Post a Comment