Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Nonsense Verse by Bobby Goosey, WONDERING

 


Bobby Lee Goosey

Wondering

 

I’m wondering about growing.

I know that every day I’m growing.

I know that every day

every bit of me

is growing bigger.

Every bit.

My toenails, my hair,

and the skin on my ears.

 

I got my hair cut short.

Now my ears stick out.

They were covered up before.

I went down to the beach one day.

And got my ears sunburnt.

 

Not the earlobes.

Just the eartips.

Now I have sunburnt eartips.

Right on the tips

I’ve got all this

rough and leathery

sunburnt skin.

And that’s one more thing I’m wondering about.

 

About growing sunburnt ears,

that is.

I know my ears are growing.

Everywhere:

Inside in the eardrums,

outside on the earlobes,

on all the little ridges, crevasses,

and on the eartips,

 

But what I’m wondering is:

I know that the tips are growing.

And I know that even the hair

that’s growing on the tips

is growing.

But is that rough and leathery

sunburnt skin

on top of the eartips

 

Growing too?

That’s, mainly, what I’m wondering about.

It’s a pretty interesting thing

to wonder about.

 

The world is full

of interesting things

to wonder about.

Isn’t it?

 [from Bobby Goosey’s Compendium of Perfectly Sensible Nonsense]



No comments:

Post a Comment