Max Ernst, "La Fuite," 1940
Лидия
Чуковская
(1907-1996)
В один прекрасный
день я все долги отдам,
Все письма напишу, на все звонки отвечу,
Все дыры зачиню и все работы сдам —
И медленно пойду к тебе навстречу.
Там будет мост — дорога из дорог —
Цветущая большими фонарями.
И на перилах снег. И кто б подумать мог?
Зима и тишина, и звёздный хор над нами!
1947
Come one sweet lovely
day I’ll pay off all my debts,
I’ll finish all the letter-writing, answer all phone calls,
I’ll mend the holes in my best socks, I’ll cancel all regrets,
Then slowly wend my way to you, to meet you by the falls.
There’ll be a little
bridge there, a road and pathways many,
The whole of it will be abloom with lanterns gleaming blithely,
And snow on railings of the bridge, and who’d imagine? Plenty
Of quietude above our heads, choirs of angels, singing nicely!
I’ll finish all the letter-writing, answer all phone calls,
I’ll mend the holes in my best socks, I’ll cancel all regrets,
Then slowly wend my way to you, to meet you by the falls.
The whole of it will be abloom with lanterns gleaming blithely,
And snow on railings of the bridge, and who’d imagine? Plenty
Of quietude above our heads, choirs of angels, singing nicely!
* * *
А счастье — это голоса
Любимых в комнате соседней.
В последний раз иль в предпоследний
Моих любимых голоса.
What’s happiness? The
voices
Of loved ones in the room next door.
The last time you hear them or the time right before:
Beloved ones’ voices next door making noises.
Of loved ones in the room next door.
The last time you hear them or the time right before:
Beloved ones’ voices next door making noises.
Literary Translations/Adaptations by U.R. Bowie


No comments:
Post a Comment