Friday, January 12, 2024

Poems Consisting Solely of Titles, Bobby Goosey

                                                          Image by tskirde on Pixabay


Bobby Lee Goosey

 

 

Poems Consisting Solely of Titles

 

A Poem Written Whilst Wondering Why the British, Whilst Writing, Prefer the Word “Whilst,” While We Americans Eschew “Whilst,” Preferring, While Writing, to Write “While.” And While (Whilst) Speaking.

 

A Poem about How, When I’m Not in America, I Miss America, Even Miss Miss America, and about How, When I’m Not in Mississippi, I Miss Mississippi, Even Miss Miss Mississippi (But I Miss America More than I Miss Miss America, and I Miss Mississippi More than I Miss Miss Mississippi).

 

A Poem about Pondering Why “Big Boy” Brand Tomato Plants Produce (at Least in Ohio) Bigger, Better Tomatoes than “Better Boy” Brand, Whereas One Would Expect that “Better Boy,” although Not Bigger than “Big Boy,” Should, Nonetheless, Be Better.

 

[from Bobby Goosey’s Compendium of Perfectly Sensible Nonsense Verse]


                                                     Image by garten-gg on Pixabay



No comments:

Post a Comment